What's your new role about?
WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
The Product Manager for Advertising on DAZN will support the Director of Product – Advertising to deliver advertising on DAZN and define the ongoing roadmap, both in Live and On Demand video. The solution will improve the viewing experience. The successful candidate will collaborate with the commercial, marketing, product, operations and finance teams to deliver the MVP, and manage the roadmap and product lifecycle across multiple disciplines.
The right product manager in this role will push delivery, dive deep, and lead in three areas:
1. Advertising in Playback, for programmatic and non-programmatic adverts. We want to deliver a world class customer experience in playback on all platforms (web, mobile, TV, STB, Games Consoles). This covers ingestion, transcoding, delivery, operational tools, playback quality and performance. You will help develop and deliver on the strategy for the entire advertising product and be the product manager for all front end features.
2. Advertising features. Working closely with our commercial, marketing and production teams to understand the digital advertising business needs, and deliver features to understand the key attributes that improve performance across advertising product KPIs over time.
3. Metrics. We will capture, validate and alarm on business critical metrics, and own the data output for all customer-facing metrics and optimisations tools.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- In this product, business and technology role, you will be responsible for delivering our MVP for integrating adverts onto DAZN and then expanding the product while simultaneously scaling and experimenting with new features through multiple, iterative releases.
- Success requires you to manage multiple roadmaps as well as team interdependencies, as such excellent program management is required for the role. You must be both customer and advertiser obsessed.
- This position requires strong self-motivation, leadership, technical depth, product acumen, and project management skills and the ideal candidate will have the ability to work closely with commercial, marketing, production, operations, sales, architecture and engineering to drive innovation, adoption and growth of advertising on DAZN. This position is part of the worldwide product team with global responsibility.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Technology product experience, preferably within a media owner (eg. publishing, broadcast, gaming)
- Highly organised - Ability to manage multiple product initiatives concurrently while maintaining a high tendency for on-time delivery
- Able to engage with stakeholders across the business (marketing, advertising, operations, product, finance etc), maintain clear and open communications and manage expectations
- Experience distilling stakeholder requirements into clear development user stories (Gherkin, BDD, Acceptance Criteria) and manage multiple backlogs through to delivery
- Proven ability to ship highly technical products
- Exceptional written, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong command of agile development processes and rituals.
- Driven by personal insight, analytics, customer viewing trends and habits, and use these to drive continuous improvements of the product and create competitive advantage.
- A degree and relevant ongoing training and development
- Interest in sport
- Hands-on experience with some form of software programming, whether scripting, SQL, analytics or advanced languages
- Experience leading advertising product development for mobile apps, and web and living room OTT video delivery apps.
- Experience in online advertising
- Knowledge of the digital advertising landscape as it relates to integration, serving and display of adverts
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com