Amazon Advertising exists at the intersection of marketing and ecommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon owned properties as well as third party properties Amazon operates. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
We are looking for a motivated, analytical, self-starter to join our Shopper Marketing team and help pave the path for the next generation of insights and advertising products. The Shopper Marketing team is part of the Analytics and Insights team (A&I) within the Amazon Advertising Organization, one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses.
The A&I team is chartered with developing and delivering insights derived from Amazon (and third party) data to empower advertisers to reach their business objectives. We are now looking for a Senior Product Manager - Tech who can not only help us prototype these new capabilities but also scale them and drive user adoption and business impact.
A successful candidate will be customer obsessed, highly analytical and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that our customers and business stakeholders love. You should be a collaborative and persuasive leader who will partner closely with engineering teams to build products iteratively and incrementally. This role will require you to be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical team members. You will be responsible for a global product and will need to work with teams across multiple time zones. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
· Develop a bold vision for the product that results in a customer obsessed product strategy, roadmap and execution plan.
· Define creative, high quality, yet simple to understand, product roadmaps plus detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
· Create the frameworks and mechanisms to manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
· Analyze and act on business metrics and data to inform your strategy, and grow the business. Identify the metrics needed to assess business need, performance, opportunities, and work to prioritize the effort.
· Engage internal and external stakeholders and other product managers to identify and prototype opportunities and generate product ideas.
· Learn from customer feedback, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to craft better experiences and ensure we are building the right features over time.
· Partner with engineering team for development of scaled version of prototype solutions or integration of the same into existing systems.
· Work closely with engineering teams, design, and program management in an agile environment to deliver scaled products to market.
· Support analytics-related prototyping efforts with respect to the technical implementation.
· Advance personal expertise on analytics-related programming/ scripting languages, advanced Data Warehousing concepts, Machine Learning and Data Science; mentor team members with respect to the same.
· Masters in Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics.
· 4+ years’ experience building technical products.
· Proven experience in product management of multiple initiatives with competing priority and disparate resourcing.
· Strong technical product management experience within shopper marketing and insights.
· Experience in relying on analytics and data to shape product decisions and empower tracking the effectiveness of change.
· Passionate about working with large data sets and bringing data sets together to answer business questions and drive growth.
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with details of the business.
· Excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions.
· You possess a simple and direct, oral and written communication style with a proven ability to drive consensus. You have the ability to conduct simultaneous communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels, across multiple business units.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work at all levels of a project.
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is expected.
· Digital advertising and e-commerce experience.
· A deep industry experience in data warehousing, data marts, OLAP, SQL, R, SPSS, SAS and similar analytical frameworks.
· Experience with programming languages like Scala, Java, or Unix shell scripts.
· Experience of using machine learning techniques to generate shopper marketing insights.