Looking for more applicants?
Click the arrow icon next to the listing to get your vacancy featured.
GROOVY GECKO ARE EXPANDING AND RECRUITING ACROSS THE BOARD. WE ARE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF PROVIDING VIRTUAL EVENTS USING OUR OWN ENTERPRISE CLASS EVENTS PLATFORM.
About the company
Groovy Gecko, who were established in 1999, is one of the pioneers and award-winning suppliers of live and on-demand streaming media services in the UK working with 350 clients around the world. Clients include BP, Facebook, Xbox, Nike, AKQA, GHD, Twitch, ARUP, Kaplan, O2, Scottish and UK Parliaments, Channel 4, YouTube and Warner Brothers.
Groovy Gecko is an equal opportunities employer. You must already be able to work in the UK. This position is based close to Old Street station with occasional UK, European and international travel and some unsociable hours working as is the nature of supporting international brands and live events.
Our employees live by our corporate and personal values of being fair, honest, open, professional, and reliable. We are committed to keeping our staff safe during Covid-19 and are currently are working remotely.
An unique opportunity has arisen to join a respected 21 year old pioneering Webcasting Company as a hands-on Development Team Leader. You will be leading a small team of passionate and capable developers to deliver complex on-line video development projects across a variety of products and technologies. The platform is currently being enhanced to service growing market demand for Virtual Conferencing. Offices are in Shoreditch, London however we are all working remotely at present.
This role includes an exciting opportunity to work with the Directors to steer the strategy of our flagship product – a leading Enterprise Video Platform used by an envious and extensive client base across a myriad of industry sectors. As such, you will influence the future direction of the department and systems used across the business and appreciate that our ‘can-do’ attitude and flat structure will allow you to affect change quickly.
As an experienced Development Team Leader, whilst being highly technical and hands-on capable, you will oversee all development projects across predominantly PHP, Laravel, Angular and SQL Server based technologies including integrations with 3rd party providers. Managing the successful delivery of projects will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full delivery lifecycle. This will include working closely with project managers, coordinating business analysts, architects and developers, as well as liaising with key project stakeholders as required.
Currently the team consists of two senior lead developers in London and 3 developers in Macedonia. You will mould their development and increase their knowledge and training by imparting your Systems Testing and DevOps experience,
Working closely with other team leaders you will ensure the structured and coordinated planning of your team’s development considering the chaotic and unique demands of a live events company’s deadlines. Your technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the guidance required being able to support and assist developers at code or methodology level.
To apply for this role, in addition to having a proven management background you must also have proven technical capability and a track record in software development combined with experience in the leadership of software development teams and delivery of projects within a software development environment. The role requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and can independently deliver results on both departmental and business projects.
· Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers.
· There is currently budget for recruiting additional talent for you to lead.
· Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to release with various internal and external stakeholders.
· Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
· Working closely with all stakeholders to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
· Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
· Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
· Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
· Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
· Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
· Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
· Contributing to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects
· Supporting project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
· Contribution to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives
· Ownership, development, and management of allocated departmental processes
· Undertake small analysis projects in the form of consultancy
· Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions, and processes
· Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
· Ensure that ISO9001 and ISO27001 standards are maintained and enhanced.
· Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
· Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
· Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
· Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of complex, world-class, scalable system/software development projects
· Capable of developing long-term development and business technology strategies
· Demonstrable knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (via Waterfall and Agile), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
· Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
· Experience in the development of software using PHP and frameworks such as Laravel and Angular and SQL Server technologies
· Experience in the usage of testing methodologies
· Strong facilitation and coaching skills
· Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
· Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
· Comfortable working without routine supervision
· A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 + Discretionary Bonus + Phone subsidy; dependant on experience
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. AGENCY CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE TREATED AS SPAM.
Reference ID: GGSDTLPOJAN2021
Expected start date: 01/02/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £65,000.00 per year
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Product Lead, Sales Operations
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Head of Product, Commercial Technology
Overview of job
The Product Lead, Sales Operations is responsible for the creation and delivery of the technology roadmap for the systems which support Global’s sales order process across our Radio, DAX and Outdoor businesses.
They will work both with senior commercial partners and with Product Owners in the Commercial Technology team to identify and deliver initiatives to improve the efficiency and user experience of our sales order processes.
They will act as a mentor to other members of the Commercial Technology team, developing junior talent.
3 best things about the job
Leading the technology roadmap for one of the most exciting transformation agendas in the media and entertainment market in the UK and beyond
Working with Director-level partners from across Global’s business to drive performance improvement across our business
Having the authority to identify, suggest and implement pivotal initiatives and turn your ideas into product features quickly
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
Fully understood the goals of the Commercial Technology team and how these support Global’s commercial strategy and objectives
Gained a detailed understanding of the workings of Global’s business across our Audio, DAX and Outdoor divisions
Established strong working relationships with senior partners from across Technology, Commercial and beyond
Developed and communicated a clear set of performance metrics for our sales operations
Identified, validated and prioritised a series of initiatives to improve our sales order processes and beyond
Implemented effective working patterns with your Product Owners and delivery teams
Responsibilities of the role
Be responsible for the product roadmap for the technology products supporting Global’s sales operations across Radio, Outdoor and DAX
Identify and deliver initiatives to improve and, where relevant, automate the sales order workflow
Develop the capability for Global to have a single view of its customers and a single, accurate sales pipeline
Collaborate with colleagues in Commercial to standardise sales processes and improve the service Global provides to our customers
Understand commercial strategy and priorities and translate these into product initiatives
Collaborate with colleagues across the business to identify new opportunities to develop the products
Prioritise product roadmap initiatives based on business benefit and complexity of delivery
Write and execute program plans
Maintain consistently high delivery standards across your team
Maintain relationships with third parties as needed
Drive team performance by setting goals and objectives
Lead and coach Product Owners and Product Analysts working across our DAX platforms
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of demonstrating the following:
Experience working with sales and marketing teams, preferably in the media and entertainment or adjacent industries
Experience at sales operations improvement programmes, preferably relating to implementing single customer views and/or standardising sales order processes
Strong commercial acumen and an ability to translate commercial strategy into technology initiatives
Comfortable working at pace and handle competing and changing priorities
Ability to innovate and think independently
Willingness to ‘get stuck in’ to detailed analysis as needed; analytical approach to analysis and problem solving with a strong head for numbers
Experience of process mapping and identifying / resolving points of friction in user journeys
Ability to act based on gut feeling & experience when needed; willing to take calculated risks
A curious nature; a desire to ask questions and learn
High level of emotional intelligence; ability to understand different priorities and perspectives
Ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly to a senior audience
Willingness to collaborate and coach; ability to educate and influence
Effectively line manage and develop Product Analysts and Product Owners in your team
Prior experience working with Salesforce is helpful
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Millions of people globally trust finder.com to help them make better financial decisions. Finder is thrilled to be back in growth mode! Our business model has proven itself to be agile, resilient, and a genuine value-add to our audience, which means we're still full-steam ahead!
We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Senior Product Managers who value moving quickly, and can help innovate and drive product initiatives for the UK market.
You will be responsible for all the product management aspects of launching our member services and popular personal finance app into the UK market. You will use your extensive product management experience to help the business deliver member growth (registrations), member engagement (monthly active users) and member monetisation (revenue per user).
The website and the mobile app (finder.com.au/app) will deliver a range of services to our members including exclusive content and deals, free credit reports, open banking account aggregation, spending analytics and intelligent personal data driven savings insights supported by comparison tools, including chance of approval loans and credit cards.
You will be working closely with the UK CEO, Chief Product & Technology Officer and Finder's Product and Engineering leadership teams. You will have a significant impact on Finder's accelerated growth and the opportunity to lead on new product innovations in the UK and around the world!
Nice to have experience:
Traits we're looking for:
You excel at delivering products that drive a commercially focussed but solidly engineered outcome from inception through to go-live including launch, operation and execution. You are an inspiration and mentor for those who seek to work at Finder, a living embodiment of our cultural values and principals. You have a keen eye for detail matched with an innovative, creative mind and excellent communication skills.
You are an exemplar champion of Finder's core values of 'empowering people' to take action, a 'go live' bias towards action, 'be straight up' approach to open communication and 'master your craft' which is all about continuous curiosity and learning. You demonstrate inspirational product leadership and solid relationship building skills.
Global success requires a like-minded community of people working together. Our team of energetic, savvy and passionate Finders is committed to guiding our audience through complex decisions. Every day, we help people save money, get better rewards and learn something new. Finder is equally committed to helping our team grow, thrive and remain inspired to learn.
We have expanded around the globe and our crew of 400+ is now operating in offices across London, New York, Sydney, Toronto, Auckland, Manila and Wroclaw. Finder continues to forge a global presence with a vision to become the world's go-to destination for comparing – helping people to find better.
Achieving our mission of changing the way the world makes decisions requires a diverse mix of creative, passionate and innovative people. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and continually striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment where all of our people feel a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic selves to work.
Finder has a passionate start-up culture and working environment (think experiments and great coffee). The remuneration packages that we offer are competitive and we have a culture of recognition and reward for results. Lunches are free, breakfasts, snacks, fruit and coffee are provided also. The team works closely together and regular social events are organised from drinks on Fridays to other regular social functions (VR, go-karting, crazy golf, darts, dinners, axe-throwing). You will have a high-end high-spec workstation including Aeron Chair, new Macbook Pro and 27in 4k monitor.
The office address; 20 St Thomas Street, London Bridge, SE1 9RS
Please note - this role is currently work from home but will transition to an in-office, London Bridge based role.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder.com team.
Finder is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.