Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop smarter technology for women and are committed to building extraordinary products that improve women’s lives.It's a fascinating and challenging area to be addressing as it requires all our employees to stretch themselves and solve problems that no-one's tackled before. That's why we’re looking for skilled, curious individuals who want to grow by surrounding themselves with a diverse array of outstanding people.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise, and is now exposed on London Design Museum and won the 2019 “wearable design of the year' category in the Dezeen awards.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including a prestigious Red Dot design award), was named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and Business Insider, ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential people shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B from IPGL, Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures, bringing the total raised thus far to over $50 million. Our Series B represented the largest ever fundraise in Femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution. We currently have offices in London, Shanghai and New York and planning to open a new R&D facility in Bristol in early 2020.
What does it mean to work at Elvie?
We work collaboratively at the forefront of the growing Femtech industry with our innovative tech-focused products. You are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and are passionate about our mission. We’re driven by the fulfilment of solving hard problems are constantly considering our users and the positive impact we can have on their health and wellbeing.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive.
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
Why you should join us
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging Femtech industry.
We are all passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, all while learning a great deal and having fun.
Who you are?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager. You will be working in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment and will be responsible for clearly articulating the Voice of our Customers to the hardware & software engineering teams, data scientists, designers and researchers. You’ll need to be ready to hit the ground running. With two products launched, more markets opening up and many new ideas that need to become a reality, there’s plenty to get involved with.
We will look to you and your experience to help us develop products that we are proud of because you put the user at the centre of the design process and ensure we take a holistic view of the product experience. You will be guiding the development of both hardware and software elements.
The Day to Day of the role
As a Senior Product manager your main focus will be to understand our customers' experience, keep up to speed on market trends and translate them into a clearly defined and appropriately prioritised product roadmap. You will be required to gain buy in and support from different teams.
You will be working independently and able to guide product development. As a Senior Product Manager you will be setting the product vision and ensuring that the product team deliver on it. You will be leading the charge to make products that delight our users, remove obstacles and make decisions that come along the way.
User Champion -
you are the voice of the user inside the company. You will:
- Need to get under the skin of our users. Working closely with our product researchers, you’ll be setting research objectives and involved in conducting user research, learning about customer needs first hand
- Translate customer needs into product shaping information, writing user stories and user requirements and briefing relevant teams
- Communicate user needs and product plans to a variety of audiences. You must be able to sell the dream and fight the user's corner
- working across hardware and software teams to deliver one cohesive product experience in line with the vision. You will:
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to drive product development, keeping the team on track, and making sure the product vision is a constant throughout
- Be balancing tensions in requirements and deciding what compromise is acceptable throughout the product development journey
- Join stand-ups with our app dev teams and design engineer catch-ups
- Stay on top of what our competitors are up to and the results they are getting, and where valuable and relevant, use this to inform our product development
- Manage, update and prioritise a backlog of features, and brief and manage the development of design work. You will use Jira to manage app development and Asana for in-house designers (UX/UI)
- hungry to make things better and up for the challenge of tackling unknowns. You:
- Are curious and questioning - not afraid to ask questions to ensure we identify route causes not symptoms, so that we design the right solutions
- Will be able to juggle the day to day, whilst also seeing the bigger picture, so that you can identify and focus on the most pressing challenges
- Are driven to make things better and push for quality outcomes for the user. But you know also know when is “good enough”
- Will identify opportunities to improve existing processes and tools, and introduce new ones to support the scaling up of development work
- you can work with a variety of different people, personalities and business units seamless balancing needs, hearing and being heard. You:
- Will bring people on the journey of feature and product development with you, judging who needs to be kept informed about what, without adding unnecessary noise.
- Are a good listener and make sure people feel heard, but that doesn’t mean you’re a pushover!
- Will hear a muddle of different perspectives and be able to analyse the situation and pick a path forwards acknowledging the compromise taken.
- Will manage change: you’ll get buy-in from stakeholders, and lead the implementation, using data to understand and improve iteratively
- You will mentor and guide the work of other product managers within the team
What we need from you:
- 5 years experience product managing, with experience of managing connected devices or both HW and SW products.
- Preferably time with a startup that has gone through the scaling process
- Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, tech product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Google Analytics, Jira)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interest in women, health and all things tech
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop yourself into a leader
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
- Line management experience is a bonus
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
We are looking after you. As well as amazing colleagues and engaging work, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind.
A note to agencies:
Please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier arrangements. As such, we would ask that agencies refrain from making direct contact with our employees and that no CVs are submitted directly to staff outside the People team. All CV’s submitted via a 3rd party agency will be forwarded to our exclusive recruitment partner, Page Group (firstname.lastname@example.org). We only accept CVs that are submitted via our ATS, Workable. Speculative CVs sent via email will not be considered liable for a fee.
- The chance to make a real impact in improving women's health and lives
- Working with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- Career progression and regular performance reviews
- Competitive base salary, bonus linked with performance and share options in a rapidly growing business
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday's
- Flexible working environment - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- Well-being - we provide a growing programme with daily healthy snacks, cycle to work scheme, free preventive health check, free flu vaccination, mental health awareness, and discounted gym membership
- Private healthcare, pension & life insurance (coming soon)
- Regular company socials, daily snacks and as much tea and coffee that you can consume