Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a category-leading digital platform, raised over £10m from top-tier investors, and signed over 40+ global clients – including the likes of John Lewis, British Airways, and Just Eat... but we’re just getting started.
We have humongous plans –and need lots of help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our Product team and ensure that we’re constantly improving, refining, and expanding Unmind’s value proposition as we scale.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We provide clinically-backed assessments, tools, training, and signposting that anyone can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
We grew from 20 to 40 people throughout 2019 and anticipate being 100+ in the next 12-18 months (including our first international hires) based on the incredible appetite, engagement, and outcomes that we’re seeing from clients.
We fundamentally believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind –because we all have mental health, all of the time– and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a highly experienced, deeply empathetic Product Manager to join Unmind’s Product team. We have big growth plans, and our ability to deliver delightful, impactful, and
exceptional product experiences (for both users and clients) will be paramount to our continued success.
You’ll be reporting directly to our Head of Product, and work alongside our existing Product, Engineering, and Design teams to ensure that our outputs are always aligned with overarching business objectives. You will also be collaborating with a highly diverse group of internal stakeholders on an everyday basis (from data scientists to clinical psychologists) to ensure that we’re always improving Unmind’s ability to measurably improve people’s lives.
We’re looking for someone extremely bright, unwaveringly candid, and exceptionally driven. If you’re a highly ambitious, personable problem-solver, then this is an opportunity to join a fast-growth, high-impact, mission-driven startup.
● Create and review user stories (inc. granular breakdowns, acceptance criteria, QA).
● Diligently prioritise our product backlog whilst balancing customer/resource demands.
● Collate and define feature requirements from wider stakeholders (both internal/external).
● Ensure that all product endeavours are highly organised and systematically tracked.
● Conduct research and analysis with our clients, users, and wider market.
● Strengthen Unmind’s position as the industry leader (and keep us there... way out in front).
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
: Contribute to the development of our category-leading workplace mental health platform, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to devise, depict and deliver on our Product Roadmap. You will have a deep understanding of every single facet and ensure that everyone understands the “why” underpinning current priorities.
You’ll lead on end-to-end Product initiatives; from upfront discovery and ideation through to delivery and post-release validation – your actions will have a genuine impact on people’s lives.
Proactively connect with users, clients, colleagues, and collaborators from all walks of life to drive product innovations. Mental health spans all industries, sectors, and professions –so too will your research.
We’re proud of our current product, but there’s SO much more to do; you’ll continually distill feedback and data from various touchpoints, combining hard numbers with human nous to identify pinch-points, conjure solutions, and prioritise actions.
: Our ever-expanding “wish list” of features needs to be balanced with business requirements and development capacity. You’ll sync with every department at Unmind –from Engineering to Finance– to ensure that our backlog is aligned with the needs of users, clients, and colleagues.
Leverage our Product outcomes, software, and analytics to enhance operational predictability and transparency – ensuring that our development priorities appropriately align with organisational KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results).
Generate authentic excitement around product developments at Unmind – evangelising our vision, mission, and roadmap through impassioned storytelling.
From user stories to acceptance criteria and QA, you’ll be shipping features and functionality that will make the lives of our users, clients, and partners more delightful.
Refine our Agile working methodologies (e.g. Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Stand-Ups, Retrospectives) to ensure our processes are as efficient/effective as possible.
Curate an industry-leading proposition – the kind that organically creates public champions, gets referenced as “best-practice” by the wider community, and is renowned as an extremely thoughtful, beautifully crafted, truly impactful product experience.Skills and ExperienceAs with any B2B organisation, the success of Unmind depends on every member of staff being professional, amicable, and building strong relationships – both internally and externally. Beyond that, our ideal candidate traits for this particular role are:
Seasoned product person with 4+ years of Product Management experience, ideally within a high-growth startup or scaleup environment.
● DEEPLY passionate about all-things Product (even the “nobody-will-notice” bits).
● Extremely comfortable with every aspect of the development lifecycle within cross-functionalteams – from initial ideation and scoping of initiatives, through to Sprint Planning and ACs.
● Enormously personable, exceptional EQ, and highly empathetic... whilst also beingmeticulously detailed, positively pragmatic, and unwaveringly candid. You’re naturally people-centric but understand the time, energy, and resource requirements of pursuing feature [X] over [Y] (and can say “no” when necessary).
● You’ve mastered several product disciplines (e.g. Agile methodologies) but remain abreast of developments, trends, and innovations across the industry.
● Mindful of the macro and micro – you can zoom from internationalisation to release notes.
● Natural whizz with product development software (i.e. Jira / Figma / Whimsical / Notion).
● Data-informed – you leverage metrics to make (and measure) decisions on an everyday basis.
● Ability to translate complex concepts, problems, and long-term strategies into simple terms,solutions and bite-sized goals.
● Phenomenal communication skills –both verbal and written– with confidence to presentclear, articulate recommendations (and challenges) about all-things Product.
● Insatiable curiosity – desire to drive and develop insights from usability studies, focus groups,and stakeholder feedback (both quant/qual) to enhance our roadmap.
● Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth and constant change, with a demonstrable track record of managing (and delivering) multiple projects in parallel.
● Bona. Fide. Hustler. If it needs doing, you’ll get it done - somehow, some way.
● Autonomous attitude (you *do not* require (or like) micro-management).
● Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
● Not a terrible human being... Ideally a great one. We’re a tight team and want to stay thatway.DESIRED:
Passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
Prior experience organising and running UX/insight workshops with users.
Previous scaleup and/or entrepreneurial experience.
Familiarity with OKRs (and using them to drive Product-based goals).
Former role(s) within a B2B SaaS environment and/or HR Tech.
Exposure to networks in HR, employee benefits, wellbeing or similar.
You will be joining a strong, tightly-knit team of ~50 people who are deeply passionate about making a positive dent to the landscape of mental health worldwide. We have incredible investors, partners, clients, advocates, and ambitions... which is where you come in.Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to consistently craft and curate exceptional product experiences be paramount. If done right, then the opportunity for this role (and Unmind generally) is vast, compounded and –perhaps most importantly– will genuinely improve people’s lives.
● Competitive salary with biannual reviews
● Personal budgets for L&D and wellbeing initiatives
● Choose your own equipment and setup
● Generous holiday allowance
● Gender-neutral parental leave policy
● Regular company socials and activities
● Optional team walks, runs, tennis, yoga, and mindfulness sessions
● Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
● Culture of continuous learning
● Dog-friendly workplace
Location: Unmind’s London office (London Bridge / Borough)