About the position:
Managing your household bills does not need to be difficult, with WonderBill it’s actually really simple!
WonderBill was launched in May 2016 as a direct result of a partnership by Shell New Energies and BCG Digital Ventures. The purpose? To create an easy-to-use platform for managing your monthly household bills.
As we are entering a new phase of growth, we are looking to reinforce our product development capabilities. We are on the search for a Senior Product Manager. As our Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading our platform development, exploring and launching new features and leading the way in making improvements.
What does WonderBill do?
WonderBill was created to make your life easier. We want to give you access to all of your bills on the go and help you make smarter decisions about switching.
We’re a startup, we’ve hired a team of super sharp individuals who thrive in fast paced environments. But what makes WonderBill a great place to work is that we encourage honesty and collaboration, we like people who solve problems!
The Role and Your Responsibilities: Reporting into our VP of Product, you’ll be helping to build our future by defining and maintaining your product strategy and product vision. You’ll be responsible for executing your product roadmap, growing our market share and driving customer business value by improving customer experience.
- Identifying future needs through a combination of strong product instinct, user research, competitive analysis and data analysis.
- Developing our B2B and B2C product and features that our users will love deliver the build as quickly as possible alongside our extremely talented team of engineers and designers.
- Build, ship, test, measure progress, improve and repeat.
- Own your product end-to-end: Manage the product development process; quarterly product roadmaps, keep the team on pace to hit milestones, lead sprint planning, and prioritise what comes next!
- Write specs that clearly articulate a feature and its goals.
- Define metrics for success and failure.
- Experienced leading a team of platform engineers (APIs, Scrapers, NoSQL and SQL Databases, Search technologies, ML)
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team, including both Product and Engineering
- Sound knowledge of engineering / computer science, including but not limited to (APIs, Scrapers, NoSQL and SQL Databases, Search technologies, ML,...)
- A Minimum of 4 years experience in product management,
- Extensive experience in creating and delivering highly successful and innovative products.
- Proven experience in owning the product, with tangible examples of how you’ve personally impacted on it’s growth.
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution - You’re able to envision the future of your product with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- You’re a natural leader with extensive experience in leading and managing a cross functional team. Adapting to different personalities, you’re dedicated to the product but patient to the needs and restrictions of your team.
- You’re self motivated and autonomous, you genuinely enjoy working in small, high growth teams, You are a self-motivated team player.
- You are focused on building a business and not just ‘adding features’ you are passionate about your customers.
- You love to simplify complex problems, build amazing experiences and grow your products. You know when it's necessary to kill a feature, turn down sales requests or ignore customer feedback.
- When you commit, you follow through, you do what you say without losing the details.
- Good grasp of design, statistical analysis, multivariate testing and ability to measure product and feature health.
Nice to Have, but not Essential
- A background in Computer Science or similar, with entrepreneurial or MBA experience
- Experience building small and large scale product platforms
- Experience working in or with leading tech companies.
Essential Characteristics of our team
- You love to solve problems and are solutions orientated. You care about WonderBill’s success and want to be part of an environment that empowers you to constantly get better.
- You’re Brave. You thrive in an environment that encourages taking calculated risks, owning the times you’ve lost and celebrating the times you’ve won.
- You’re willing to learn. We don’t hire people who ‘know it all already’ we hire team players. Simple as that.
- You’re a product manager who likes to build and delight our customers!
- You’re a good person. We spend most of our day at work, so it’s no fun if we don’t know each other. We want to know you! Do you like Game of Thrones? Do you like to travel? Are you a tea or Coffee person? Tell us!
Perks of the job
- Perkbox (The platinum membership no less!)
- Personalised Training budgets for each team member
- 30 days holiday
- Fresh Fruit twice a week
- Lunch & Learns twice a month
- Free Gym in the building (London office only, sorry Manchester!)
- Flexi time
- Work from home options
- Monthly celebrations - once a month we drop everything to celebrate our amazing teams, then we leave early for drinks on the company!
- More Swag than you can shake a stick at!
- Book Club