AMX Senior Product Manager
The Asset Management Exchange is ultimately a business which owned by Willis Towers Watson (“WTW”). WTW (NASDAQ:WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. WTW operates in 140 countries, employs 40,000 staff and had a turnover in FY’2017 of USD 8,202m (USD 7,887m in FY’2016).
The Asset Management Exchange (AMX) is a global marketplace where asset owners (the buyers) can invest in external asset managers (the sellers) and where asset managers can access significant capital, cutting overall value leakage as a result. It will do this through a centralised back office and standardised fund infrastructure that bypasses the investment industry’s significant cost and resource duplication. In addition, it will deliver scale benefits to both sides of the market while increasing transparency and asset owner control.
The AMX platform has on-boarded 20 fund managers across the Funds and now holds circa. £7 billion in assets.
Working alongside the existing Senior Product Manager, this role will share the responsibility for the development and launch of new asset classes, fund types and functionality of existing products, as required by the AMX business. This involves close coordination with the Business Development team, as well as the other functional areas of AMX (Operations, Legal, and Compliance) in order to establish priorities of new products, and the design and implementation of these.
Duties and responsibilities
Coordination of the design of new funds, functionality and market entry requirements
- Working with Business Development and AMX senior management to help set the strategy for asset classes, fund and investor domicile and product functionality.
- Ensuring new funds are structurally, operationally and commercially viable, and part of the wider AMX strategic vision
- Coordination across all areas of AMX, including Operations, Legal & Compliance, Markets, Risk and Onboarding/Transitions to ensure fund or any new functionality is safely implemented in a time frame as required by the business.
- Ensuring effective communication flow between all relevant stakeholders in the AMX (and wider WTW business) around the product development process and specific issues.
- Aligning the AMX business in terms of resources required (internal, as well as external advisors) and priority of implementation
Development of existing fund platforms, functionality and geographies
- Assist in the strategic development of the business through recommending enhancements to existing funds with a view to enhancing the profitability and competitiveness of the business.
- Assist with enabling distribution of the existing fund range in agreed markets, ensuring licences and registrations are in place in key markets
- Assist AMX Operations in order to design and implement new functionality/investor requirements where applicable.
Management of the existing funds
- Working closely with the Legal and Operations departments to ensure the management of the existing fund range are kept up to date meeting the needs of our key strategic markets, adhere to all regulatory requirements and continue to deliver the intended solution to clients. This would include:
- Ensure funds continue to operate effectively and within the applicable regulatory framework
- Monitor fund costs to ensure that costs and charges applied are appropriate
- Oversight of regulatory and tax developments in the market, assessing impact on the fund ranges and the funds business and making any recommendations for change to meet those requirements. Any recommendations for change to effected through the product development process.
- Enhance AMX’s product development process.
- Influence and play a leading role in the governance mechanism used to prioritise change.
- Educate and provide training to all relevant staff in the AMX business on new and existing AMX funds as well as the relevant funds industry/market more generally.
You will be joining AMX at a very exciting time when the business is growing rapidly but the use of technology is allowing the team to be small (~80 people). You will have the opportunity to work with the entirety of this great team, helping to build out the AMX business. The WTW ownership and the strong adoption of AMX by the WTW Investments business means that you will also have ample exposure to the WTW Investments business.
What can we offer you?
- Significant asset management experience and financial product development experience required. Alternatives experience will be a differentiator but is not required.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of pooled funds required.
- Regulatory experience and a good understanding of the current financial regulatory issues across the principal jurisdictions (specifically a detailed understanding of AIFMD and UCITS regulation)
- Experience in liaising with advisory firms and fund service providers
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks, as well as other teams to successfully meet deadlines.
- Experience in working in a fast growing entrepreneurial environment
- To be proactive and demonstrate tenacity in driving the team towards it goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and corporate deals.
AMX is an equal opportunity employer
AMX believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at AMX.