We’re building a digital insurer which is affordable, instant and inclusive.
We use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to offer quicker, simpler and fairer insurance to customers. We’re trying to build the largest, most technological insurance company of our generation, and we’ve got a long-way to go!
Currently, despite only being founded 3.5 years ago, we are valued at over $300m and have raised $35m to date! We have also been named one of London’s best startups to work for in 2021, check out the article here.
We are a team of over 80, a 4.5* Trustpilot and are championed by amazing investors who have backed the likes of Monzo and Spotify.
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like here.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to deliver an exceptional claims experience from the ground-up. This is a unique opportunity to lead a newly formed team, in a greenfield area, on a signature moment in the customer experience.
This team will focus on building tools for both customers and agents that improves operational efficiency while delivering a world class customer experience. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who gets excited at developing an end to end experience from scratch.
What you’ll be doing
- Define and drive overall product vision, strategy and metrics for claims, galvanise your team and others to follow you
- Define objectives and metrics for your team and measure how these improve over time
- Prioritise work to make sure your team is working on the most impactful projects
- Work with your team to build best practice processes
- Build a world class claims experience, while driving operational efficiency improvements
- Work closely with partners across Marshmallow to ensure that you and your team provide for the company’s short and long-term goals
- Use data to make product decisions and work alongside research & design to inform all stages of the process
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy - including capabilities, happiness, resilience, and growth
- Make sure that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt, and providing maintenance and support
- Experience - You have 5+ years experience in product management, or similar role leading cross-functional technical teams
- Customer obsessed - You are passionate about designing and building delightful user experiences. You are experienced in identifying behavioural insight from qualitative research. You have the ability to balance business and customer needs.
- Problem solver - You have strong business, analytical, and troubleshooting skills. You creatively solve problems by identifying real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Product leader - You have the ability to think about the long term vision & strategy while also being detailed when necessary to support the team with execution.
- Expert communicator - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Outcome oriented - You ruthlessly prioritise against objectives, articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Entrepreneurial - You are self-motivated and proactive. You have a high tolerance for ambiguity, ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines and willingness to take risks.
- Relationship Builder - You have strong customer engagement and relationship management skills. You have an innate capability to, directly and indirectly, lead cross-functional teams through success.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) ️
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning and training
- Budget to help you set up working from home
- Our process consists of an interview with our CEO who would be your line manager, a second stage with members of our product and design team where you will be asked to present a case-study for the session and finally a round with our CTO.
- We are able to let you know if you are invited to an interview or not. However, we do receive a lot of applications and as a small team we are unable to give individual feedback on each application
- Due to Covid we are currently working from home. We have an office space in Farringdon but how we use this will be driven by the guidance and advice at the time