As a Product Owner of a domain, you will set the vision of what is required for a compelling offering in the prevailing competitive landscape, then design and manage a suite of products to achieve that vision and hence business objectives.
As the subject matter expert who owns the delivered functionality, you will manage any associated user experience of the system (or current initiative) from definition to implementation and optimisation. Determining the detail of what needs to be delivered, along the prioritisation of those elements.
As the representative of the product’s or initiative’s stakeholders within the TON eCommerce team, you will work with them to help write unambiguous user stories, ensuring that the team fully understands the business objectives. Our people are creative, highly skilled individuals, driven towards continuous improvement and you will be a role model for these behaviours.
Commercial & Strategic
- Ensure delivery of business value proposition, prioritise and build out road maps for the suite of products within that domain
- Ensure business strategies have the user and customer perspective at the heart of decisions
- Work with the Product community to ensure that the right priorities are being worked on across the Group and that your domain’s interests are appropriately represented.
- Develop business cases (where appropriate) for initiatives and be aware of other business cases and projects that have an impact on the domain to leverage benefits of sharing knowledge / development.
- Be the voice of the customer, creating a company-wide approach, a united platform for insight, understanding and taking action
- Conduct internal / external research and implement findings to ensure the domain’s suite of products strive to be market-leading globally.
- Define and lead the vision for product within their domain across all touch points that will deliver the business objectives and customer needs
- Working closely with Data & Analytics, define measurement strategies for launch, KPIs and testing activities.
- Accountable for the delivered functionality and user experience from definition to implementation and optimisation
- Prioritise the order of work and ensure the team is working on the most valuable requirements
- Help define the Product Backlog (prioritised list of user stories) and regularly review
- Undertake business and/or systems analysis in your domain if required in order to contextualise user stories
- Accountable for the team’s understanding of what is required; ensuring high quality and unambiguous requirements are defined
- Make day-to-day decisions on functionality / user experience, basing those decisions on knowledge of the business area, customer and empirical evidence
- Accept stories to confirm they have met their conditions of satisfaction
Skills and Experience:
- Build the team’s knowledge of the business area , encouraging and facilitating interaction
- Promote the principles of continuous, and measurable, improvement
- Encourage and build the innovation capacity of the team by elaborating ideas into proposals allowing the business to understand the cost / benefit
- Excite and motivate the Software Delivery team by sharing the value of the business objectives they are working to deliver
- Assist with recruitment of new team members as appropriate
- Expertise in delivering value from Agile methodologies Be able to generate a vision for the domain which will encourage idea generation that motivates the team(s) to bring concepts to life.
- Have a genuine passion for the business area
- Subject matter expertise and deep knowledge of e-commerce or web and mobile platforms
- Proven experience in successfully delivering measurable business value through software features or initiatives you have defined – essential
- Experience in analysing and mapping system data flows to physical process flows - essential
- Experience organising and enabling cross functional teams to deliver to tight deadlines - essential
- Experience in writing clear and succinct user stories that have led to successful delivery - essential
- Experience in completing business and/or systems analysis to contextualise user stories – preferable
This role reports into the Lead Product Owner and requires close collaboration across key departments of UX, Data Insights, Technology, Marketing and Customer Care.
You will be based at our Head office in Westfield, London, W12.
Your hours will be 37.5 hours per week working Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 6.00pm.
Please send us an updated CV and a cover letter highlighting your suitability to YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and this role.
With a team of over 3,500 people, spanning 11 offices and 9 distribution centres across the world, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP offers consumers around the world the best online luxury fashion and style experience via NET-A-PORTER.COM, MR PORTER.COM, THECORNER.COM, SHOESCRIBE.COM, YOOX.COM and THE OUTNET.COM. It also designs and manages ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES “Powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP” for leading fashion & luxury brands looking to offer their latest collection on the Internet.
The Group reaches more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, over 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion, through its unique combination of multi-brand online stores, Online Flagship Stores, publications and extensive social media reach. With express worldwide shipping to more than 180 countries, a seamless shopping experience across all devices, elegant packaging, easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal shopping teams that are available 24/7, 365 days a year. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
For further information visit www.ynap.com.