RiskFirst is a highly innovative financial technology business providing intuitive, user-friendly risk analytics and reporting solutions to the pensions and investment market.
Our first product, PFaroe, was launched in 2009 to deliver a modern and effective software solution for institutional investors to manage their asset and liability risk. PFaroe is now the market leader in the UK – reaching more than half of the UK DB market - with a growing foothold in the US. Overall, more than 2,400 pension plans, with over $1 trillion in assets, now benefit from our technology.
As we continue to scale our product offering throughout 2019, we have a unique opportunity for an experienced individual from the asset management and investment space to join us as a Product Owner.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Joining an Agile development team consisting of software developers and testers to deliver RiskFirst’s industry leading software-as-a-service products
- Using your industry experience to build specifications for new product features.
- Work closely with product management to create and maintain a prioritised product backlog
- Work with business stakeholders and clients to define new product requirements, balancing business goals and user needs
- Manage the end to end delivery of new products, features and ongoing product improvements
- Work alongside UX /UI designers to bring ideas to life
- Write user stories, detailed requirements & acceptance criteria that can be clearly understood by the development team.
- Communicate progress to the management team, highlighting any risk or issues
- Constantly deliver measurable value to the business
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an investment consultant or asset manager. Desirable to hold or be working towards a professional qualification.
- A good understanding of financial services industry and experience of financial modelling.
- Specific knowledge in areas of interest to RiskFirst, e.g. Performance/Attribution/Risk, Institutional investment consulting, LDI solutions.
- Ability to understand and explain complex concepts quickly.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills are important, both for external and internal communications.
- Feel confident giving direction to a development team.
- Interest in technology
- Some experience of coding would be a plus
- Open to occasional travel to visit clients in UK and US
- A competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Critical illness cover
- Training Budget
- Workplace pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike scheme
- Social events throughout the year
- Free breakfast
- And much more….
We look forward to receiving your application