Vacancy Name Product Owner
Employment Type Permanent
Work Location London
Flexible Working Options Working from home
About Us Paddy Power Betfair plc is an international sports betting and gaming operator, with a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of operations across Europe including Romania, Portugal and Malta.
We operate five sports betting and gaming brands; Paddy Power, Betfair, Sportsbet, FanDuel and TVG. We are online-led, mobile-led and sports-led: and our proprietary technology, unique products and innovative marketing all combine to offer a superb experience to our five million customers worldwide.
Our spirit, talent and ambition has taken us into the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange and we now employ over 7,000 people in sixteen locations across the globe; from Dublin to Los Angeles, and London to Melbourne. Our culture rewards innovation, teamwork and we like to stay fast-moving in a dynamic industry.
Description Sports Product Delivery: Product Owner
The Sports Product Delivery team is charged with leading the delivery of all Sportsbook, Exchange and Risk and Trading products which enables the effective functioning and growth of the Paddy Power Betfair business. The team is responsible for the delivery of new products and maintenance of existing ones on Sportsbook Channels and Sportsbook Platform product sets covering both the Paddy Power and Betfair brands; the Betfair Exchange product set; the Risk & Trading product sets which serve Paddy Power and Betfair sportsbooks as well as B2B destinations
We are looking for an exceptional Product Owner to deliver game-changing improvements for Paddy Power Betfair’s customers and business. Reporting to the Betfair Exchange Product Delivery Manager and working closely with the Commercial Product Management and Technology teams, the Betfair Exchange Product Owner will be responsible for the delivery of Betfair Exchange products and service initiatives which enable the offering of industry leading customer propositions for our Sportsbook business. In addition to developing and progressing the business development requirements you will also pro-actively promote efficiencies in working practices across the delivery function.
- Understands product/commercial needs and how these are translated into functional and technical requirements
- Leads requirements gathering effort based on stakeholders input
- Is accountable for the timely availability and accuracy of requirements for projects, ensuring the engineering teams can develop software as efficiently as possible. From time to time will be expected to provide requirements for multiple projects synchronously
- Is responsible for writing user stories with acceptance criteria, grooming and prioritizing backlogs, producing release plans and communications, running show and tells and tracking benefits realization
- Attends all scrum/relevant ceremonies
- Performs change management through product backlogs as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Consistently communicates with stakeholders and keeps them informed of the status of requirements development
- Understands and balances commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities
- Understands the dependencies between technology components and how they combine to deliver solutions to the end consumer and to the business
- Manages cross-team dependencies
- Provides mentoring and induction to other product owners
- Expected to have a detailed understanding of the portfolio, project & feature delivery processes
- Is expected to be a subject matter expert in their domain and have a solid understanding of company organisation and performance
- Supports, and provides input into user research executed by the Product Design team
- Defines operational readiness processes for new releases and provides product training to stakeholders
- Ensures that all solutions meet company-wide, 'hygiene' requirements in terms of non-functional performance, security, compliance, social responsibility
- Where appropriate, co-ordinate with 3rd party content and technology providers to ensure timely and quality delivery/integration of external product features as specified.
- Drives Results – Drives for results and is action oriented in approach. You pursue work with energy and drive
- Customer focus – Build and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
- Communicates credibly and effectively across a range of channels and audiences
- Being Resilient – Is resilient and confident under pressure and maintains a positive attitude despite adversity
- Collaborates - Works cooperatively and partners with others across the organisation to get work done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements elicitation and specification
- Ability to relate to both business and I.T. specialists
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills
- Experience in working across multiple delivery methodologies – Agile, Lean, KanBan, Waterfall, DevOps
Education, Qualifications & Experience
Flexible working options:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a business or technology discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar discipline
- Experience in defining business requirements for trading platforms is essential
- Experience in influencing working practice change across analysis and development departments
- Experience working in a multi-product environment would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the Sports betting business would be advantageous
- Experience with integrating 3rd party feed providers would be highly advantageous
Working from home
We never forget our responsibilities to consumers and the wider communities we operate in. Paddy Power Betfair is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair roles.
Our Values Our values are important to us. In fact they shape and guide everything we do – from improving our performance and working as a team, to hiring the right people and developing our talent.
There are five key values that we live by:
Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.