About the role
We’re looking for an ambitious Product Manager to help us build the tools UK businesses need to grow. You will enjoy this role if you care about helping small businesses succeed, you enjoy creating innovative technology, and you want to see ideas quickly shipped into production.
As a Product Manager at Growth Street, you will take ownership of your team’s product roadmap and manage the end to end delivery of new features. To be successful you’ll collaborate with a talented team of engineering, commercial, and of course product colleagues. You’ll also become an expert on our customers, by analysing data, curating feedback across multiple channels, and by speaking directly to customers. Your work will have a tangible and meaningful impact on UK businesses, and you will see this every day.
- Own the product roadmap for your team, and be responsible for setting priorities, backed up by data and customer feedback
- Be the voice of your customers, and ensure a high quality customer experience
- Work closely with software engineers and turn requirements into wireframes, specifications and user stories
- Work with stakeholders across the business to identify new opportunities and help them understand how technology can better achieve their goals
- Manage the end-to-end delivery cycle of product features, including roll-out to customers and across the internal team
At Growth Street, we’re passionate about understanding growing businesses and helping them succeed. Our flagship product, GrowthLine, is like a business overdraft reinvented for the 21st century. We use technology to deliver a better customer experience, and data to make faster, better credit decisions.
The loans to borrowers are funded via an innovative marketplace which matches investors with borrowers. Our investor marketplace is open to consumers, businesses, and institutions alike. This marketplace enables us to offer a flexible credit line to borrowers, with credit limits from £25k up to £2m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft but gives customers a smoother, faster, and more flexible experience.
Growth Street was founded in 2014 and we're a growing company of 70 people. We were founded by a team of long-time entrepreneurs with decades of experience building household-name brands and industry leading businesses, and helping businesses grow is at the core of what we do.
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – We’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – When we bring our skills and talents together we are at our best. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need now and in the future, and we go out of our way to beat expectations.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- At least 3 years working as a Product Manager or Product Owner of a digital product or products
- Passion for understanding customers, and know how to learn from them
- Experience using data to inform decisions
- An ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across all areas of the business
- A highly organised and self-directed work ethic
- You are able to discuss technical matters with software engineers in the course of delivering features – you do not need to have a technical background, but you must be able to work closely with technical people
- Prior experience using Agile methodologies such as Scrum
You will stand out as a candidate if you:
- Have a background working in finance or even fintech companies
- Can demonstrate an entrepreneurial background
- Understand basic accountancy/bookkeeping
- Know how to write code – even at a basic level
- A competitive salary
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Free access to bike storage, showers, and changing facilities
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Budget for books, weekly lunch & learns, a busy social calendar and more..
The role is based in our London office. We are located 2 minutes from Aldgate station, and just over 5 minutes from Liverpool Street station.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that embraces a diverse and inclusive working environment.