The Product Manager will be part of a team conceiving and testing mobility products and defining associated features for the group to bring to market in a 2 to 3+ year time frame.
They will lead portions of this process and manage the ideation, trial and pilots, working closely with Centrica Mobility Ventures (CMV), Centrica Business Solutions and Centrica Home, to fulfil market demand in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for designing and defining the CMV function/ feature roadmap, and working with the businesses to feed them into the business units’ roadmaps
- Responsible for actively scouting the technological solutions and products landscape for feeding and steering the product development of CMV towards the offering of innovative, differentiated and market leading products and solutions focused on horizon 2 opportunities 2-3 years ahead
- Defining technical programmes and trials with partners, managing technical projects to successful outcomes.
- Ensure CMV offers the most reliable, stable, responsive, and easy to set up infrastructure.
- Ensure that all products being developed by CMV comply with all relevant and required certifications and quality standards.
- Ensure new products and features support challenges customers face in the 2-3 year time horizon
- Make product decisions that impact the cost of the product, user experience, quality, and ultimately the success of the product
- Contribute to the definition of new offerings and features based on the market research of team and wider business, designing trials and pilots to validate underlying assumptions
- Work with the Insight, Operational teams and users to understand the challenges our customers experience in relation to electric charging, specifically focused 2-3 years and beyond.
- Work with engineers, suppliers as well as Proposition and Commercial teams within Centrica Business Units to conceive great, cost-effective solutions and support their evaluation.
- Prioritise delivery in support of larger programmes and key business objectives. Plan and organise own work and work of others.
- Stay on top of developments in electric charging and be a domain expert for the business in this area.
- Develop strong internal relationships at all levels in the business to share information and obtain buy in and the cooperation.
- Work with CMV head of Marketing and CMV team to understand insights and develop and deliver support information.
- Develop an understanding of the objectives and commercial requirements of CMV and of the DE&P business.
- Review competitor solutions and work with colleagues to assess potential partnerships.
- Represent CMV at external events such as conferences, external meetings with potential suppliers and partners, as well as in internal meetings within the wider business.
- Engage with key internal stakeholders to identify new customers and business needs and opportunities that can feed and help steering the CMV product development.
We need someone who has an entrepreneurial drive and track record of achieving stretch goals in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work closely with internal and external cross functional engineering teams.
You will have:
- Experience initiating and managing cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects essential.
- Experience in interacting and effectively managing relationships with a wide spectrum of stakeholders is essential.
- Experience working in an agile and lean product development environment.
- Experience designing product roadmap essential.
- Experience in technology exploration and assessment essential.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
- A good track record of delivering engineering projects through from concept to market.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple small and medium size projects with 6 months to 2-year delivery timeframes (vs one single project).
- Formal product management skills
- Previous engagement with procurement and supply chain desirable.
- Previous experience working in technology and smart grid consultancy desirable.
by hitting the 'Apply
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.