An opportunity has arisen to join a growing entrepreneurial and digital business based in London. Launched in 2012, BorrowMyDoggy is one of the UK’s fastest growing online dog communities, enabling dog owners to connect with friendly locals who can help take care of their dogs.
In the last few years, BorrowMyDoggy's member base has grown rapidly, and our team has responded to this growth by iterating on, expanding and refining our systems and business processes. Now, we're looking for someone to help us to take the next few steps, where we are designing and building not just for today, but for tomorrow's world as well.
We're looking for a Product Lead who will be able to develop and shape ideas into deliverable, measurable projects, delivering real value for our members and our business. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, but able to see the bigger picture; committed to quality, but pragmatic and willing to iteratively refine; comfortable speaking with business stakeholders, customers, and our technical and operations teams with equal articulacy.
If you're interested in shaping the direction of an enthusiastic and dynamic team, focused on delivering life-affirming experiences to real people (and dogs!), and understand how to move from short-term planning to long-term strategy in an ever-changing market, we'd love to hear from you.
- This role would involve working with operations, marketing, design and technical teams
- Nurturing product ideas and growing them into deliverable, measurable improvements for our business
- Working closely with the product team to specify the fine detail of functional requirements to ensure that they are appropriate and clear to developers
- Leading product testing in order to improve the quality of our platform
- Experience of domain modelling and its role in forming scalable business architecture and rigorous business processes
- Strong analytical skills; able to draw rational conclusions from data and use them to justify product decisions
- Detail-oriented and articulate, with a good understanding of agile methodologies, Lean, BDD, and the importance of drawing out the minimum viable product (MVP)
- Self-motivated, and able to conduct market research when required
- Some familiarity with technical approaches and language would be useful
- Familiarity with common QA and bug-reporting practices helpful
- Comfortable working within the constraints of the start-up world
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces a bonus
- Used to taking a pragmatic view to delivery without compromising longer-term strategic vision
- Competitive salary and share options
- A great holiday policy
- Private healthcare
- Be part of a fast growing company creating an original product
- Being able to help make a positive difference on the lives of dogs and people
If you have a love of dogs and want to help grow a truly innovative and exciting proposition, then look no further, apply today with a full CV and a covering letter detailing why you would be pawsome in this role.
**No recruiters please**