Snyk is used by over 1.5M developers, driven by its successful freemium motion - unique in the security industry. Growing this rapid adoption is critical to Snyk's mission of driving developer first security, and a core pillar of Snyk's business success.
We're looking for a director of product management who can lead Snyk's freemium, user success and self-service purchase efforts, driving the product-led growth of Snyk's disruptive developer-first security platform.
You will own the top-level company vision and KPIs for our product-led growth, from accelerating viral growth of users signing up, to making them even more successful in finding and fixing their security issues, all the way to having them self-serve to become paying customers. Snyk has been a developer-focused company from day one, gaining most of its commercial interest bottom-up and directly from developers. You will now scale this motion, taking Snyk to the next level.
You'll be managing a product group, working closely with a distributed team of designers and developers, as well as with our marketing, business development and customer success teams on driving joint efforts in order to reach the highest market impact.
You'll spend your time
- Managing and hiring a group of top-notch product managers
- Mentoring and coaching your team, while nurturing a collaborative environment.
- Working very closely with the R&D and design teams in order to create a differentiated, developer friendly offering.
- Define, own and implement the product-led growth KPIs that would drive our development. Establish a data driven mindset, where everything important is measured
- Foster a developer-centric mindset researching, testing and iterating to see what best fits developers.
- Engaging with customers, prospects and users to get their feedback, discuss their challenges and gain a full understanding of their needs.
- Developing the product vision for your group, then sharing it and ensuring efforts are aligned to it.
- Communicating your teams' work internally and externally, including to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Leading key partnership activities, in collaboration with Business Development, that aim at significantly growing Snyk's user base
- Working closely with Marketing, Developer Relations and Customer Success teams to efficiently drive growth activities.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We've made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others' perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what's happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You should apply if you
- Have significant, proven experience as a successful product management leader in some or all of B2B SaaS, developer tooling or B2C technical products.
- Have led a major technical SaaS product, resulting in significant product-led growth.
- Are well-versed in agile development practices.
- Have experience in user acquisition optimization practices.
- Are interested in the intersection of security and developer experience.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and enjoy helping others to learn new things.
- Enjoy working in cross-functional and distributed delivery teams.
- Have excellent presentation skills, with experience presenting to top executives.
- Are happy to travel at least once a quarter to gather feedback from our users, and to spend time working face-to-face with other colleagues that aren't co-located with you, as well as building strong online relationships when the pandemic doesn't allow travel.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we've created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you're the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk's mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk's unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By September 2020, Snyk was already adopted by over 1.5M developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). Our September 2020 Series D funding round of $200M has put us at over $2.5Billion company valuation.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we're building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren't security experts to stay secure.