The Director, Product Management, will be a key role within the Maritime & Trade business line responsible for driving revenue growth, profit margin and market share for the flagship Global Trade Atlas family of products through market-driven strategies and effective product management. In this role, she/he will take on ownership and responsibility for further developing the Global Trade Atlas offering and associated solutions for the market that will deliver critical global trade intelligence and insights to our customers. She/he will build additional solutions and product feature enhancements existing core data assets and capabilities from across the IHS Markit business, as well as sourcing additional third-party datasets as required. The key focus will be to further grow the market-leading position of the GTA family of products and ensure commercial success by targeting new markets for this product.
* Responsibility for the development, enhancement and product management of Global Trade Atlas (GTA) and associated offerings, including forecasting, bespoke data and visualization solutions. Support formulation of product development strategies, policies and plans in accordance with the strategic business plan.
* Manage and collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders for product scoping, development, appraisal and market testing, as well as project managing new and existing developments.
* Responsible for conducting market analysis to identify opportunities and requirements for product enhancements, across underlying data, data structures, technology stack and user interface design features.
* Evaluate and keep up to date with all industry, competitor and technology trends in the market and their possible impact on the overall commodities and market forecasting product portfolio.
* Work closely with industry-leading customers and trade associations with the support of sales team members, as well as other IHS Markit business lines. Conduct deep dive meetings with customers on product enhancements while soliciting feedback for further development. Must be capable of being the subject matter expert on the product as well as key trade issues related to patterns in global trade, macroeconomics and geopolitics, and the ability to demonstrate how GTA data can be used for insights into global trade challenges.
* Create and deliver compelling presentations for client meetings and for client events/roundtables. Requires strong Powerpoint skills to create customer-facing client collateral.
* Must demonstrate understanding of data structures and database design. Hands-on with data manipulation and data testing/querying, with solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL Servers.
* Continually solicits feedback from the sales team, SMEs and customers to assess competitive position, calibrate pricing, assess sales pipeline and customer orders in order to inform and refine go-to-market plans
* Based on in-depth market knowledge and input from market-facing IHS stakeholders, guides and validates user requirements and user stories that address critical customer needs and solve pervasive market problems
* Orchestrates the development and execution of plans for the commercial launch of product enhancements. Works with Solution Managers from other business lines to identify and leverage cross-sell opportunities and position IHS solutions at the highest levels within customer organizations.
* Occasional travel, including overnight domestic or international trips will be required.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.