Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Digital Credit Europe Director, Product ManagementOverview
• Credit is under pressure from new challengers, agile fin-techs bringing simple and smooth digital experience. Mastercard Credit card product suite has to respond to this trend. This role brings unique opportunity to put your stamp on how the mass credit proposition in Europe will look like.
• We are looking for a person that challenges the status-quo, that is not scared to propose an execute out-of-box ideas and how to innovate, upgrade and bring mass credit to the new digital era.
• Critically important segment of Millennials is more credit aware, are open to new ways of getting credit. Fintech’s are moving into credit looking into new flexible solution to offer to their customers that are looking for flexibility and transparency. What product do we offer to these customers?
As the product director you will have to assess market needs, generate new product ideas, oversee product evolution, establish go-to-market strategy, optimize products and resources, implement incremental improvements within the product’s life cycle, conduct ongoing care and maintenance, and manage P&L.
Credit is the main driver of MC business. This role offers high visibility across teams in Europe and Globally.
The role sits within Credit Europe team reporting to Matous Michnevic, head of Credit Europe.
• Market trends research and analysis, mass market consumer needs assessment in key European markets
• Assessment of competition, value propositions and critical success factors
• Leading idea generation for enhancements to existing products and bringing new products to market, concept validation, business case development, financial modelling and planning
• Definition of product concepts – immediate response product enhancements and medium-longer term digital credit experience development
• Development of strategic business plans for Product, including rigorous analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs
• Identifying potential third party partnerships – if needed
• Development of product prototypes with Global and O&T, testing and piloting
• Definition of GTM strategy & Digital Credit narrative / holistic Digital Consumer narrative in cooperation with other MC product owners
• Support to sales and customer facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and enhancements
• Monitors product performance metrics at all stages of the product life cycle, and makes recommendations regarding solutions to challenges in the portfolio or product strategy
• Cooperation and alignment with global Digital credit counterparts, regional leadership, divisional Core teams, Digital and Innovation teams, MC labs
• Bachelors or Master’s degree
• Very strong experience and track record in sales / product management or digital enablement / user experience enhancement
• Experience working on product launches in multiple markets and defining GTM plans
• Proven innovation, new product / function development
• Good understanding of the payments industry, knowledge of consumer credit business an advantage
• Ambitious, driven, hungry, can-do attitude, self-starter, high achiever
• Proficient with numbers, commercial models, metrics, presentations (ppt)
• Positive energy and passion, team player
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.