About the Team:
models the analog world to provide details risk insights. Annually there are over a trillion dollars worldwide in trades in risk and RMS’s risk insights and models power these risk transfer decisions taking place in financial institutions and public agencies by helping our clients understand, quantify, and manage risk. Over a thousand insurers, reinsurers, hedge funds and other financial institutions, corporations, governments, and other non-governmental organizations trust RMS risk models, data, analytics, technology, and services to better understand and manage catastrophe risks throughout the world.
RMS continues to innovate in risk insights and is building a new risk analytics platform that unify risk analytics and data. The platform is built on open risk data standards and is designed to provide intuitive analytics for cat modelers, underwriters and exposure managers, data scientists and engineers. The multiple integrated suite of risk analytics applications and risk data provided as part of the Risk Intelligence platform simplify data driven decision making for risk transactions in Insurance and Financial Services.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Director of Product Management in Risk Data Products who can lead a strong team of product managers to define the next generation vision and strategy of our offering.
The ideal candidate will be deeply knowledgeable about risk data products and analytics that drive key decisions in risk transactions throughout insurance, reinsurance, ILS funds and brokerage practices and understand Data-aaS, PaaS and SaaS methodologies for building enterprise applications.
You will meet with all levels from executives to users, prospects, partners, and industry analysts to communicate RMS’s vision of the market, data and analytics product roadmap, and competitive differentiation.
You will function as a subject matter expert on the risk data products and its target market.
You will understand the competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities and represent RMS as a domain and product expert.
You will be driving the wider risk analytics and data products vision and strategy with a team of strong product leaders.
- Define end to end vision to detailed requirements for the unified application platform
- Analyze the deep competitive market landscape for the unified risk data and analytics products
- Drive product roadmaps, active projects and product market fit for all data products
- Handle go to market activities tied to the integrated Risk Intelligence and data product offerings
- Lead product requirements documents and work with engineering to ensure proper investment and execution in support of your strategy
- Continue to extend vision, strategy, and roadmap for a world class product.
- 10+ years minimum of leading Product Management teams or similar experience.
- Deep understanding of the analytics required to drive key decisions in insurance and financial services industries across customer spanning insurance, reinsurance, brokers, ILS funds, government and regulatory agencies worldwide.
- Understanding of SaaS and PaaS concepts like service quality metrics, customer engagement metrics and understanding of big data technologies and data analytics platforms.
- Hands on experience building horizontal or market vertical analytical products combined with excellent leadership skills to drive a strong product management team
- Business-driven with a passion for technology - You crave uncovering new revenue opportunities and developing strategies to increase the market presence of your products
- High energy and drive – product managers are crucial leaders and decision-makers in the company and need the energy and passion to be on top of their game
- Ability to recognize and communicate customer acquisition opportunities and related revenue opportunities, not just a technical solution
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it
- Innovative and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a business environment, along with a proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI)
, an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone
and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
Visit RMS.com to learn more and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
To all recruitment agencies:
RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
California Consumer Privacy Act notice: https://www.rms.com/legal#Privacy-Policy-ccpa
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to using our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Applicants residing in Europe: