Who we are
At Weezy, we are proud to be the UK’s first on-demand supermarket! Our mission is to deliver life-essentials, creating ever more happy and spontaneous moments at home. We’re doing this by delivering groceries in under 15 minutes! Behind the scenes, we’re building a network of dark stores across London and beyond, while leaning on a rider network to deliver our customers’ orders.
Launched in July 2020 by Alec and Kristoff with £1m pre-seed from Heartcore Capital (see TechCrunch for more info) we’re experiencing amazing customer growth, retention and NPS and looking to 10x Weezy’s footprint over the next 12 months across London and the UK. This is a unique opportunity to build a UK-wide consumer brand and something that everyone will instantly recognise, which we think is pretty cool.
What to expect as our first Director of Product
You will help us to build a world-class product organisation as Weezy’s Director of Product. You will join the invigorating rollercoaster of an extremely well-funded startup, backed by some of the world’s best VCs and Angels. You will undertake responsibilities in both existing operations as rapid expansion. Inside, you’ll get exposed to the full workings of our high-performance organisation. Completing a top-notch leadership team, you will have the opportunity to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
The founders and leadership team have executive-level experience with world-class startups (BlaBlaCar, Showpad, Drover, Zoopla), and a background in top-tier management consulting (McKinsey & Co.) and consumer goods and retail (Procter & Gamble, Tesco).
In the first 6 months, you will see Weezy expand from its existing two zones, which have proven strong product-market fit, to cover all of London and launch across other UK cities. This will allow us to cement our position as the UK’s #1 on-demand supermarket.
We are looking for a Director of Product to help us build and manage a world class Product and Engineering team. This would be our first Product Director hire and you will report directly into the CEO.
As part of the executive team, you will have a lot of responsibility and impact as you will be tasked with building the team, processes and developing new product features from the ground up and helping us to bring all technology in-house.
What you will be doing:
- Build a world-class product team: Found, setup and build one of the best Product Management organisations in Europe and a key pillar of Weezy.
- Build a category-leading product: Work with Engineering and other teams to build an absolutely killer-product, the very best in its class.
- Shape the future of the product: Define a clear and well thought through product strategy, be the driving force behind and empower your team to make it a reality. Shepherd innovation, experiment and make recommendations to expand the product base and vision.
- Refine product-market fit: you will refine product-market fit in existing and new markets we grow our proposition and audience in record time.
- Prioritise which problems to solve and why: Take a data-driven approach to validate/invalidate what problems we should solve and with what priority, extracting the signal from the noise. Encourage your team to pose the right questions and empower them to make great decisions.
- Deliver to solve these problems: We believe in a collaborative partnership where the Product team focuses on outcomes, while Engineering and Design focus on how we get there. Product’s main role in execution is to guide teams to stay on track to deliver the optimal product impact.
- Drive rapid growth from within: Our customers love our product and touch it on a daily basis on which we can capitalise to build out exponential customer growth, retention and monetisation from within the product.
Our organisation is growing extremely rapidly and we need a best-in-class product team, which you will build. As the founder and leader of that team, you can expect a challenging role with lots of cross-functional interactions with the Engineering, Commercial, Operations and Expansion teams.
You are a bright, critical and accomplished product expert with absolute love and obsession for the product you manage. You are highly ambitious, thrive in a high-performance environment and believe in Weezy’s mission. You work hard, play hard, care about the people you work with and love being part of a team.
You recognise yourself in the following:
- You are dedicated, committed and totally obsessed with the product you’re building
- You have experience in setting up a world-class high-performance team in record-time (or you are 100% confident you can)
- You have a commercial perspective and ideally, you would have seen many different business models, preferably in Consumer tech
- You have a strong customer-facing experience, engaging with customers to nail product-market fit
- You have experience in taking a product (not just feature) from initial concept(s), through to finding product-market fit, developing a go-to-market strategy, launch and iterative refinement
- You are a ruthless prioritiser, balancing the needs of many, continuously weighing competing factor of your objectives and demands from customers and various stakeholders
- You are highly analytical and use data as evidence to inform your decision-making and communication
- You are empathic and understand the mindsets of customers and stakeholders, can relate and have the ability to say “no”, explaining the why in terms that stakeholders understand, making friends along the way
- You have strong and recognised creative problem-solving skills and aptitude
- You have experience in product lifecycle management
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, short deadlines and changing priorities
- You an unstoppable sense of initiative and entrepreneurial drive
- You are an excellent communicator and are transparent about your prioritisation and roadmap process
- Bonus: a background in managing software development (Agile) is a bonus but is not required
- Bonus: experience in a hypergrowth startup environment
- Eligible to work in UK
- Intensive mentoring from a high-pedigree leadership team that will challenge you, build on your strengths and invest in your personal development
- Competitive compensation package, including salary and stock options
- 27 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- 3% pension plan employer contribution
- Healthy L&D budget so you can buy books and attend conferences (both virtual and in person once the pandemic ends)
- Socials that keep you in touch with everyone in the company
Please note that unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship, and to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Weezy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.