Monzo is a bank that lives in your phone. Our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our users effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director of Internal Product who can define the internal product vision to help us reach a billion customers: a leader of multiple autonomous software teams who can own and deliver our product strategy along with leading and developing our excellent product managers.
We’re growing fast and committed to providing world-class support - we recently built our own customer support software (Monzo Chat) from scratch as part of a strategy to build a whole portfolio of bespoke products so there is plenty of room to innovate, influence across multiple disciplines and shape our future.
Customer Operations is leading the way at Monzo in the use of data science/machine learning and we are ambitious to keep shipping products fast so it's important that you are up for the challenge and are comfortable working at pace.
We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Everyone is welcome at Monzo. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate across disciplines to set and deliver a clear, cohesive product strategy for your area, and balance it with room to source and test exciting new opportunities
- Lead and coach Product Managers to run effective teams that ship stuff which customers really value
- Support your team to set clear goals and key results, regularly check in on progress, learn and adjust course when needed
- Help your teams to set hypotheses, test riskiest assumptions and break down complex problems into small steps
- Build a product management profession as great as our product. You’ll lead and develop 3-5 product managers, and make sure we hire and grow the team as fast as we need to
- Reduce dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other product groups and stakeholders
- Contribute to product management practices: help us ship delightful products and be an exceptional place to work
- You've led the successful delivery of major products in a rapid growth environment, with experience in all stages of the product life cycle.
- You can define and deliver a clear product strategy for user-facing support software and internal tools.
- You've directly managed product managers and are passionate about developing people and supporting them to be part of high-performing teams.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- You know when to employ different approaches to product management, and can balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration.
- You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes might impact our goals.
- You understand the power and value of world-class design, and the value of an authentic brand in shaping a product that users genuinely love.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities. Financial services or strong commercial expertise are a plus.
- You have enough technical knowledge to quickly understand your teams’ software products.