Associate Director, Product Management London - Ropemaker Place
The Associate Director, Product Management will be a key role within the Maritime & Trade business line responsible for driving the business lines revenue growth, profit margin and market share in the commodities and financial markets through market-driven strategies and effective product management. In this role, she/he will take on ownership and responsibility for developing product offerings that will deliver critical solutions to customers in the commodity (dry bulk and energy focus) and freight markets that include commodity market intelligence and forecasting solutions. She/he will build solutions that include critical commodities supply chain and market data, forecasting tools, intelligence, analytics and news utilizing existing core assets and capabilities from across the IHS Markit business, as well as sourcing additional third-party datasets as required. The key focus will be to create solutions from ideation to launch that exceeds market expectations and becomes the must-have business intelligence platform for anyone working in these markets.
* Responsibility for the development, enhancement and product management of Maritime & Trades commodities and freight market solutions. Support formulation of product development strategies, policies and plans in accordance with the strategic business plan.
* Manage and collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders for product scoping, development, appraisal and market testing, as well as project managing new and existing developments.
* Responsible for conducting market analysis to identify opportunities and requirements for new products and enhancements to existing products.
* Evaluate and keep up to date with all industry, competitor and technology trends in the market and their possible impact on the overall commodities and market forecasting product portfolio.
* Work closely with industry-leading customers and trade associations with the support of sales team members, as well as other IHS Markit business lines.
* Continually solicits feedback from the sales team, SMEs and customers to assess competitive position, calibrate pricing, assess sales pipeline and customer orders in order to inform and refine go-to-market plans
* Based on in-depth market knowledge and input from market-facing IHS Markit stakeholders, guides and validates user requirements and user stories that address critical customer needs and solve pervasive market problems
* Orchestrates the development and execution of plans for the commercial launch of new and enhanced products. Works with Solution Managers from other business lines to identify and leverage cross-sell opportunities and position IHS Markit solutions at the highest levels within customer organizations.
* Occasional travel including overnight domestic or international trips will be required. Required competencies:
* Deep understanding of energy and dry bulk markets, with ability to drive customer engagement and address questions from personas such as market analysts and traders. Must demonstrate strong understanding of fundamentals in crude oil, refined products, and key dry bulk commodities such as coal and mineral ores, that includes understanding of trade flows, shipping routes, freight markets and key players.
* High level of comfort with data and manipulating data, and data analytics. Hands-on experience required with data querying, testing and problem solving, with requirements of advanced skills in Excel, Access and preferably SQL/Python. Must be well versed with database design, data structures and best practices with data.
* Must demonstrate background in ship movements data, ship tracking, port-terminal information and typical benefits and challenges in the use of these datasets.
* Commercial mindset and ability to engage customers and sales teams. Ability to synthesize high quality client facing materials and deliver compelling presentations is a key skill for this role.
* Strong understanding of software development processes, must-have user interface features, and Agile methodology.
* Typically 7-10 years of relevant experience in the commodity markets, with an emphasis on the dry bulk and energy markets. The role will require expert level understanding of market structure, trading and participants in the commodity markets.
* Recent experience in product management will be preferred.
* Technical/academic background in data analytics, machine learning and forecasting models will be highly beneficial.
* Experience of independently managing multiple projects across multiple product teams within a matrix organization, and demonstrated experience in working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to successfully lead multidisciplinary, geographical dispersed project teams, while meeting deadlines and budgets
* Must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including ability to independently write or edit customer-facing or external communications, as well the ability to develop and conduct presentations for clients, prospects and executive management
* Minimum Bachelors degree in a quantitative/numerical discipline (e.g., engineering, science, economics, mathematics), Masters degree in business or economics preferred.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (